A Familiar Feeling

6:41pm Thursday Home

One time after work, I sat down at a cafe.
I bought a book before I got to my shift.
Anne Rice's "Servant of the Bones."
One of the few books I own, aside from several books of Terry Goodkind,
Sword of the Truth novels.
Although these two authors' work depicts more non-fiction than reality, I find
their creations fascinating.
But this has nothing to do with their books or how they write.
This is why I decided to talk to myself.
It sounds crazy but I read somewhere that it is normal to talk to oneself.
I've been having episodes of serendipity, I think.
I feel a connection somewhere to someone, yet I don't know who.
And it felt calming.
Was there luck that I may finally bump into someone special?
Chances could be, I may have met her already or we could have crossed each other's path somehow.
Walked passed by each other, as strangers perhaps?
It gave me a headache and a happy feeling, both at the same time.
We encounter strangers every day, yes, and I know it's no big deal.
But this?
Being clueless is one of my downsides.
Especially with women.
I can express love and affection, yes.
When it's my turn to read the signs, I fall oblivious.
It's the whole guessing thing, body language and words that sometimes mean the opposite, that throws me off.
Spare me the gestures, please.
I'm really slow.

After awhile, and my coffee almost done, I haven't figured it out.
Its still there, that feeling she's out there.
I am a hopeless romantic fool.
But I can still hope, I guess.
Let's see then.

Popular Posts