Joined by an angel


As soon as the door opened, almost everyone was standing up already, about looking half-hurriedly stanced; Yet much of their faces showed a rush of gladness, relieved to be safe, grounded, literally.
I sat down again and waited the moment a little more. I'm not in a rush anyway. It gave me a few minutes for myself (even though, there were a just a number of seats not occupied, so basically, I was like in a crowd).
I looked out the window. The sky was bright orange red again. The clouds were just cuddly right. 
I love mornings.
Especially sunrises.
So while I was mesmerized from the view, a kid stopped at my side and looked at me. Curly hair, dark brown eyes, small pouted mouth, a bit fairer in skin tone, about 3 feet in height I guess. We met almost eye level, me being seated.
He was just there.
Didn't say anything at all. 
Just looked. Up and down.
Then the kid just waved; a goodbye or hello wave, I couldn't tell.
That very few seconds of him just there standing made me wonder.
I always travel alone. I mean, what are the odds of meeting someone I know who has a kid who knows me? Most unlikely.
There was a man after him, I figured around his thirties, a bit taller about my height of five and seven something, reaching for his luggage from the overhead compartment above the next row behind me, when this lady slid thru the queue and caught up with the boy, held him at his shoulders (..I assumed she was "mom"), and told him it was not polite to stare. 
I think what she meant was, at a stranger. She quickly apologized and followed the crowd out. I reacted politely to her light scolding to the boy and replied that it was okay. No harm done really, then tried to bid them off with a smile, despite their backs already turned. 
The gesture was the intention to be nice.
Nevertheless, I didn't say a word to the kid either. So I figured, me and him, we're even.

As soon as I got out myself, passed the ramp, walked to the conveyor and swooped my luggage, I bumped into lady mom a second time.
I apologized. I wasn't really paying attention. Tinkering with my phone as I walked.
I was slightly weary and heading home was indeed first priority.
She smiled and apologized too for her kid's peculiarity. 
The kid told her that the golden brown long-haired man next to me, smiled at him; Saying that he had really nice white bright clothes, and was wearing a white bag that looked like feathers.
Lady mom asked if my friend walked out before she caught up with him (the kid), since I took a few minutes more.
I was surprised because I wasn't with anybody.
No one sat next to me wearing white or had long brown hair for that matter.
I sport a military haircut and my hair is black brown.
I wore a shirt that looked almost the same color tone of the passenger seats of the plane, gray with silver.
Being lightly-built, you could mistake me for a backpack with a shirt and a pair of shades.
And the only thing I brought was a book.

I froze in astonishment.
The only thing I got to say was, "Uhm, yeah."
She got their bags, loaded it on the airport pushcart and said goodbye.
The boy walked ahead of her, mindful of his action figure toy buddy.

I wondered, that storm that caught up with us during the flight back home.
It gave the plane that "turbulence" a whole new meaning. But somehow despite the rage and shaking, nothing out of the ordinary.
We were secured, all nicely tucked in safe from the strong winds, lightning and whatever     it was outside, I'm guessing, at around thirty thousand feet.
I know that if ever possible, the plane should go higher to avoid a lightning storm.

Well, there's only one way to put it I suppose.
I think that was a miracle right there.
Coincidence or not.
My imagination perhaps was stirring.
Was it an angel?
I cannot prove that.
I can't be certain otherwise, extraordinary beings and what not.
One thing I am certain about though is this - I'm glad someone was keeping us safe.
Well, that's my side of the fence.
What's yours?

Anonymous
(Sent thru email, credit to owner, thank you.)

Popular Posts